Well, Bobby and I came to the hospital at 9:00p.m. on Sunday, January 31st. I was given cervadil for 12 hours to help prepare my body for labor. At 11:30a.m. Monday morning I was started on pitocin. I was having painful contractions, but had enough time inbetween contractions that I could handle the pain. I was really expecting things to go quickly and was told at 2p.m. that my doctor could break my water. My doctor never came to the hospital, so my water did not get broken. At 6p.m. I was having difficulty handling the contractions, so opted for an epidural. I was disappointed that labor wasn't progressing and that I wasn't having Kamry on Monday. At 3a.m. on Tuesday I still wasn't progressing, so the pitocin was turned off to give my body a break. At 6a.m. I again was given pitocin. My doctor came by at 9a.m. and broke my water. Pretty much after my water was broken labor started moving. Around 10:30a.m. the nurse called my doctor to let him know I was delivering. My doctor got to the hospital around 11:10a.m. and Kamry was born at 11:16a.m. after pushing only 4 times.
Selina and Kamry

Kamry looks a lot like Richie, she is 6lbs. 6oz. and 20 inches long. She has a really long torso. She has rarely cried all day and has been really calm. She is having trouble keeping her temperature up, but doesn't have to be under any heat lamps. We are keeping her double wrapped in blankets and holding her to give her more warmth. I am really sore, but so glad to have Kamry here and to be done being pregnant. Mom brought Richie to come see Kamry, but he didn't want to hold her. It was nice to see him and I'm grateful my mom could be here to take care of him. He did have trouble leaving me at the hospital, but he's been a real trooper. I can't wait to get a picture of my 2 great kids.
Kamry
Congrats! Richie will love Kamry before you know it just give him some time.
ReplyDeletecongratulations on your daughter. Enjoy your wonderful little family.
ReplyDelete