Saturday, September 19, 2009

Ode to Grandma's

Last Saturday, the 12th, Bobby did not end up working. Since he hasn't been to the temple since March, we decided to go that night. I called Mom and asked her if she could watch Richie while we went to the temple. Of course she said yes, like all good Grandma's. It was nice to go to the temple and out to dinner by ourselves, normally if we go out to dinner Richie comes with us so we don't have to pay babysitting. We we caught the 5:30 session, eventhough we left home at 3:30 (pregnant ladies have to use the restroom all the time, so we just missed the 5:00 session). We didn't get back home until 10 o'clock. I assumed Richie would have passed out, since he didn't have a nap during the day, but he was wide awake. My mom had given him a bath, washed his hair, and gave him a sleepshirt (I didn't pack one). He loved the sleepshirt and was excited to show it off.



Then today Mom dropped by to pick-up some a basket of fruit and vegetables she ordered, but I picked up. She took Richie to her house and gave me some time to take a nap, which I don't normally get with a loud 3 year old. I am really going to miss her when she moves. I know Richie will miss Grandma and his uncles when they move. Mom, we love you!!!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Dear, We are all going to miss you guys soooo much, especially me! I'll be back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom is a great grandma! Were so excited to have her closer to us. Sorry that it means she will be farther from you. Also, I am so anxious to find out what you are having. I'm hoping GIRL! We need one after 4 boys!

    ReplyDelete